[ExI] Fwd: Pascal's wager

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 16:59:16 UTC 2021

Some good points, Ben.  Notice that people just seem to love hurting
themselves, sometimes physically (incl. flagellation), when they take on a
religion.  Give up alcohol and drugs, give up having mistresses, give up a
good bit of your money, give up your whole life (nums, monks, foreign
missionaries).  These things make many people feel good.  They 'know' that
they are full of sin and deserve to suffer, asceticism being one way to do
that.  Another way is to find sinners and either convert them or torture
and kill them (Christianity and Islam).  These are goals that appeal to
billions, whereas atheism has no goals to offer people.  bill w

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 11:43 AM Ben via extropy-chat <