[ExI] Latest Search For Alien Civilizations Detects No Signals

Ben ben at zaiboc.net
Sat May 8 10:32:28 UTC 2021

Seems an odd thing to do, looking towards the galactic centre for signs
of alien civilisations, when we know that it's an inhospitable place,
due to very reason it's possible to survey 60 million stars: the stars
are so closely-packed. Rather like the old joke about looking for your
car keys under a streetlight. It might be easier to look there, but
surely the most productive place to look would be in the same zone of
the galaxy as we are, right out towards the rim, where the chances of
sterilising supernovae etc., are much lower.

I don't think we can read much into this result at all.

Not that I think we'll find signs of alien civilisations anyway, no
matter where we look.

--
Ben Zaiboc