[ExI] Synergetics?

JF monteluna at protonmail.com
Thu May 20 12:21:19 UTC 2021

Has anyone ever actually read through Fuller's Synergetics? It seems really odd to try and explain scientific phenomenon with geometric arguments. Granted I spent some time studying statistical mechanics in school, I just don't see anything interesting in this book at all that's useful for studying real complex systems. It's almost shocking how bad it is compared to any modern stat mech/complex systems book, and I'm tempted to call it pseudoscience.

Does anyone actually like this book?