[ExI] towing an iceberg

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Tue May 25 02:39:30 UTC 2021

Quoting Spike:

> The force that could be exerted by the wind is tiny compared to even slight
> current.  That iceberg is going go wherever the water tells it to.  I don't
> know if anchoring to the bottom of the sea and pulling it with thousands of
> cables will exert anywhere near enough force.

Ok so we can't use the wind to propel the iceberg, so then can we use
it to steer the iceberg? Apply small but constant force orthogonal to
the current to guide the iceberg to warmer latitudes where we can use
the temperature difference between the water and the iceberg to power
a heat engine to propel the iceberg to the highest bidder?

Stuart LaForge