[ExI] diets

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 1 21:44:20 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Hermes Trismegistus via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] diets

>…I forgive you, but I cannot speak for my contemporaries.

Forgive him?  I thought it a compliment!  I always wanted to be a tangential mob.  Aspired to it as a young solitary tangential…em… whatever one guy in a faceless horde is.  Pretty weird looking for sure.  Think about it for a minute.  Eeesh!  And what would be worse?  Imagine you’re the only faceful guy in a faceless mob.  That would be even creepier.  Surely they would be disdainful, but you would have no way of knowing: faceless people are both expressionless and speechless.  I don’t even know how they breathe.

But regarding blasphemy and pirates: I don’t see how the heck we figure we can even have a reasonably-accurate talk like a pirate day when we assume pirates spoke English, or some odd dialect thereof.  Good chance most of them didn’t.  The primary language of modern pirates is Somali, and I don’t even know how one blasphemes in that language or even how to translate the universally-accepted term “arrr.”  The mind boggles.

In any case, that tangential mob business just has a kind of pleasant mathematical lilt.  Hermes, are ye feelin’ it, me lad?

spike