[ExI] dna bank

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Oct 3 15:33:39 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Darin Sunley via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] dna bank

>>…We could use well-circulated paper money as a low-cost human DNA bank.  spike

>…Simpsons did it in 1995.

>…"What do you got, the whole town's DNA on file?"

>…"Yuh-huh. If you've ever handled a penny, the government's got your DNA. Why do you think they keep them in circulation?"

Darin, proto-pirates are these “Simpsons.”  They steal all my best ideas, but are so sneaky, they do it before I even come up with them.

I used to watch the Simpsons back when I had TV, and found it funny.  There is some sophisticated humor in there among the goofy stuff.

I like the idea of using metal currency, for then you wouldn’t need to isolate it from the DNA in the cotton and flax.