[ExI] Superheroes without superpowers

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 8 16:26:47 UTC 2021

...> On Behalf Of Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Superheroes without superpowers

>> On 07/10/2021 08:23, spike wrote:
>>> Batman was the only known superhero who didn't have any actual
superpowers

On 2021-10-07 22:27, Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat wrote:
> The Spirit comes to mind.

How about the Black Widow?

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org

Anton, your exception proves the point.  The Black Widow had superpowers in
a sense, for all women have superpowers: they get us boys to do whatever
they want.  It's like some kind of hypnosis or something.  We are like
Superman to their kryptonite: they make us go along, they somehow get their
way with us, regardless of how silly is the whim.

This particular instance is exaggerated, because she has that chiseled outta
marble physique and of course that whole sexy Russian thing going.  She is
Natalia Alianovna "Natasha" Romanova; Russian: Наталья Альяновна "Наташа"
Романова so of course she was able to seduce the superhero Hawkeye the
archer.

Perhaps one can define the superpower of the woman as being able to bring
men with superpowers over to their cause.  I struggle to understand it all
in terms of evolutionary psychology, which is to date perhaps the best way
to eff the ineffable: view life from the point of view of the DNA rather
than from the view of the DNA envelope (us.)  The DNA is really driving us,
while making us feel like we are carrying the DNA.

Note how un-PC is my post for daring to claim there is a difference between
men and women.  I might as well forget about running for any public office,
ever.  You know some yahoo would dig up this post, put it on Twitter, and it
is all over for the old Spike Man.