[ExI] from quora - laugh of the day

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Oct 13 23:51:33 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat

Dan my bride loves to be referred to that way.  She calls me her man, so OK, she’s my bride.  It works for us.

spike

That’s fine, though I keep thinking you’re a time traveler from the 19th century. ;)

Regards,

Dan

Wouldn’t it be wicked cool to be a time traveler from the 19th century?  Can one even imagine what a mind-blower that would be?  Every day the fortunate traveler would see things that would cause such delightful astonishment as to be nearly debilitating.

If it helps, I could add that I was mostly raised by my grandparents, born only 3 and 8 years into the 20th century, but both were definitely of a 19th century mindset, both definitely retro in their own times.  It is entirely possible that some of my values are based in their ways of thinking.