[ExI] Time Travel and FTL flight

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 05:32:38 UTC 2021

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 11:25 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat

> On Thu, 2 Sept 2021 at 18:02, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> >
> <snip>
> > But clearly it is not time travel
>
> So Adrian, are you saying that FTL flight wouldn't involve time-travel?

Einstein's special relativity says that If you travel FTL, some
legitimate observers would see you arriving before leaving. Therefore,
according to many scientists, you can't travel faster than light.

Quantum entanglement doesn't seem limited by the speed of light
(experimental fact) but many scientists are persuaded that quantum
entanglement can't be used to send signals (or things, or people) FTL.

There are examples of paradox-free time travel to the past.

Time will tell. I guess both FTL travel and time travel to the past
will be possible at some point. We are still babies in the universe.