[ExI] Constitution and Bill of Rights now "Harmful" !!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:57:20 UTC 2021

On Tue, 7 Sept 2021 at 21:05, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

> That's not specific to those documents.  The National Archive is putting that alert on all its documents, document group pages - everything it has.

That doesn't improve matters - it makes the situation worse!

First, it is a signal to modern readers - Get ready to be offended and
disapprove of USA history.
Second, It is a suggestion to rewrite history to conform to
current fashionable beliefs.
Third, Let's unperson anyone who still agrees with these ancient documents.
Fourth, It reduces the value of these old documents by inferring that
they are outdated and no longer suitable for our modern society.

Rewriting history like that makes it disappear from current consciousness.

BillK