[ExI] The Matrix: Resurrections trailer

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sat Sep 11 17:24:07 UTC 2021

Quoting John:

> I have high hopes for it! But I do wonder, who would win in a fight, Paul
> Atreides or Neo? Lol
>
> John  ;  )

That would depend on if the confrontation happens in the Matrix or
outside of it, before or after either of them goes blind, and whether
there is any talking or negotiating allowed or if it is simply an
all-out fight.

If they engaged in a blood-lusted brawl within the Matrix, I don't
think that Paul would stand much of a chance against Neo. But I think
the inverse would hold also, so that in real-time Neo would get his
ass handed to him by Paul.

Paul being blinded or Neo being blinded would make the fights a little
more fair within their preferred domains and even more uneven outside
of their preferred domains.

No matter where the confrontation happens, if any talking or
negotiating is allowed, Paul Atreides would probably end up using a
combination of the voice, other memory, and prescience to convince Neo
perform missions for him like the Oracle does in the Matrix movie,
only in a more assertive and direct fashion.

> On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 9:29 PM Max More via extropy-chat <
>
>> I just watched the trailer for *The Matrix: Resurrections.* The movie
>> opens Wednesday December 22. I don't care if it's borrowing heavily from
>> the first movie especially. It looks great to those of us who enjoyed the
>> first one.

I agree that the trailer looks good, Max. :)

Stuart LaForge