[ExI] Qualia are not in the matrix (was Re: The Matrix: Resurrections trailer)

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 00:55:40 UTC 2021

We do know that our redness and greenness, out of which our
consciousness is composed, is not in the matrix.  Qualia are intrinsic
qualities of something in all those brains, in all those vats, in the
basement level physical reality.  They are not in the matrix.

We'll I guess that IS a falsifiable claim, right Stathis?  The
functionalists predicting that redness and greenness can arise (magically?)
from anything "functioning" correctly.
But until that is demonstrated (redness magically arising from some
function, and we know which function!  SQRT?), I'm staying with assuming my
qualia are intrinsic qualities of a basement level physical reality.

But, yes, I love the matrix movie and how it plays with the brain in a vat,
not YET falsified, theoretical possibility.  And we constantly refer to
searching for "THE ONE" theory of consciousness which will remain standing,
after all others have been falsified in our Video
<https://canonizer.com/videos/consciousness/>.  People interested in this
topic may be interested in the "Implications for the simulation hypothesis
<https://canonizer.com/videos/consciousness/?chapter=simulation_hypothesis>"
chapter.

And in the new "Computational Binding" chapter, we are about to put online,
we borrow lots of scenes from the original matrix.  Oh, and we learn that
the spoon, that little kid is bending with his mind, only seems to be
chrome in color.  It is just our knowledge of the spoon or part of
"ourselves" in our brain, that has that chrome color and is bending.  We
learn that the actual spoon, the one out there, not part of us... it's real
intrinsic color, is redness! ;)  (At least redness being still a not yet
falsified hypothetical possibility, like all the other crazy but still yet
to be falsified theories, waiting for us to discover which of all our
descriptions of stuff in the world, is a description of redness ;)

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 11:50 AM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <