[ExI] Running up against energy limits

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 13 18:33:21 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Running up against energy limits

women can compete on an equal footing with men and testiculated women.  It is the only sport like that I know of.  Any others?   spike

>…I guessed table tennis, but even there men have a power advantage..

There are some really good women’s ping pong competitors.  The 2016 Olympic women’s champion trained right here in town.  But they don’t compete with the best men players.

>…Just where does one go to sign up for militias?

You don’t sign up.  To fit the legal definition, you only need to be an able-bodies male US citizen between the ages of 17 and 44 inclusive.  You and I are not eligible.  But we can be trainers and allies.

>…  I think John asked this awhile back.  Where did '60 million' come from?

I just took standard USA age demographics which suggest about 120-some million between 17 and 44, then divided by 2.

According to the United States Legal Code, Chapter 12, Title 10, subtitle A, section 246:

*         §246.

o   Militia: composition and classes

*	The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
*	The classes of the militia are—

*	the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
*	the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

*	( <https://uscode.house.gov/statviewer.htm?volume=70A&page=14> Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 14, §311;  <https://uscode.house.gov/statviewer.htm?volume=72&page=1439> Pub. L. 85–861, §1(7), Sept. 2, 1958, 72 Stat. 1439;  <https://uscode.house.gov/statviewer.htm?volume=107&page=1656> Pub. L. 103–160, div. A, title V, §524(a), Nov. 30, 1993, 107 Stat. 1656; renumbered §246,  <https://uscode.house.gov/statviewer.htm?volume=130&page=2497> Pub. L. 114–328, div. A, title XII, §1241(a)(2), Dec. 23, 2016, 130 Stat. 2497.)

Many have argued the US legal code isn’t legal, but the Supreme Court opined to the contrary.  I argue that the applicable legal law is the actual literal law, as written and ratified.

>…Is there any organization at all?

Ja.  Civilization and its laws.

>…Such as who calls out the militia?

Don’t worry Billw.  When it is time, we will know.  We will know.

>…I certainly do not like the militias that make the news.    billw

The US militia is a singular:

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

       US Constitution, Amendment 2, 1791

That makes it pretty clear to me.  The term makes no sense as a plural unless speaking of other nations’ militias, and that I don’t actually know.  What the US press likes to call militias are actually terrorist groups.

The US militia is here to protect the US against terrorist groups if the military and National Guard cannot stop them.  The US press doesn’t like to talk about the militia.  I don’t recall seeing the last time it was mentioned.