[ExI] Running up against energy limits

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 13 21:59:59 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
>…Subject: Re: [ExI] Running up against energy limits

>…A land war in the continental U.S. seems highly improbable… bill w

It’s happened before, in the 1860s.

Did it seem probable that the US would withdraw from Afghanistan quietly in the night evacuating the military first, handing over tens of billions of dollars in advanced munitions, while stranding American citizens and allies to fall into the hands of sworn enemies?

Had you told me that would happen, I would have dismissed it as impossible.  The USA doesn’t do stuff like that.