[ExI] AI is racist, bigoted and misogynistic

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Sep 22 18:26:49 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Hermes Trismegistus via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] AI is racist, bigoted and misogynistic

>…You tech gods are terrifying creatures indeed…

Far too kind you are sir.  I strive to be a tech god, but the only part if it I have fully mastered is arbitrary cruelty toward my software.

>…I weep for your subjects…

You are weeping for software, Hermes.  For electronic devices Hermes.

>…At least you promise utter destruction instead of eternal torment…

Underestimate me you do!  Eternal torment can be worked out.  Or at least a good sim of it.  I have a program that runs in the background searching for Mersenne Primes, so that when the processor has nothing else to do, it does that.  It gives an entirely new and absurd meaning to the ancient scripture found in Isaiah chapter 57 verse 21, that bit about there is no rest for the wicked.  That processor is wicked fast.  So… no peace for it.

I would say that is eternal temporary torment, but I fear that processor is enjoying itself.

spike