[ExI] covid lies

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:32:42 UTC 2021

On Tue, 28 Sept 2021 at 14:55, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can get its boots on
>
> There is yet another medical research study showing eating saturated fats doesn't raise cholesterol (see People's Pharmacy for details).
>
> It was a very long time ago when the corrupted Harvard doctors published a study (paid for by the sugar industry) showing that saturated fats cause heart attacks because of artery buildup (since refuted many times). And so people drink a lot of skimmed milk (please note that 'skim' is  a verb) and so on. You tell yourself that it will be good for you, etc. and still you continue as you always have been, regardless of facts.
>
> So it's not all superstition, low intelligence, misunderstanding of probabilities and so on.  It's what gets in there first.  First impressions of a new person tend to be very lasting and hard to change.  We have known this for a long time.
>
> Want to make a habit nearly impossible to break?  Make it based on fear, our strongest emotion.   bill w

I thought people drink skimmed milk because it has less than half the
calories of full fat milk, so skimmed milk can help a weight loss
diet.
Some reports have claimed that skimmed milk feels less filling so
encourages people to eat more and thus not lose any weight. To me,
this ignores the very human reaction of 'fewer calories means I can
reward myself and have a cake and chocolate biscuits'. There is always
someone in the office ordering lunch of a Whopper burger and a Diet
Coke.  :)

BillK