[ExI] covid lies

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Sep 28 21:32:41 UTC 2021

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] covid lies

On Tue, 28 Sept 2021 at 14:55, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> ... There is always someone in the office ordering lunch of a Whopper
burger and a Diet Coke.  :)

BillK

Hi BillK, I am that guy, but I wish to point out that it make perfect sense
for at least some people.  This took me so long to figure out for everyone's
digestive system is different.  Well... mine isn't.  Mine's the same.  But
everyone else's is different.

I have never tried to lose weight but work to maintain (otherwise it goes
down.)  I cannot tell the difference in taste between sugar cola and diet.
But I discovered that sugar coke is an appetite-killer for me.  Diet coke is
an appetite stimulant.  So... go with the whopper and super-size fries, and
a super-size diet coke.

The way I discovered the appetite-killing properties of sugar coke: I had
always guzzled the stuff with my burgers.  But one day I accidentally was
given the other, and I couldn't tell the difference at all in taste.
Well... sugar coke has health costs: it promotes tooth decay.  So, I bought
a sixer of the diet, verified I could not tell the difference in taste at
all, decided hell with it, I will stay with diet cola.

That has its social costs: I am the weird office guy who orders the whopper
with diet coke, but there are health benefits to being the weird office guy
as well: people stay farther away, which reduces the risk of catching
disease.

Besides that: I worked in a weird office.  So consider a normal person in a
weird office: from their weird point of view, I am the weird office-guy and
from my point of view I am the weird-office guy.  The hyphen is in different
places.

I do like my gut-bomb burgers.  I still drink diet soda to gain weight.
Come to think of it, perhaps I am the weird-office weird-guy.