[ExI] Hazards near your home

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Sep 30 04:08:42 UTC 2021

...> On Behalf Of Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat

>>... I would suggest we start building nuke plants as fast as we can slam
> them into the ground.  We start by transferring the cost of permits to
> build them from the investor to the agencies responsible for issuing the
permits.

> spike

>...I don't necessarily think nuclear reactors should be privately owned.
Terrorism, and other risks suggest that nuclear power-plants should be built
and run and by the DoD and DoE. Say it is for national security (it
is),screw the permits, and build them on military bases. Clear out some of
that tinder on Federal land in California that catches fire every year, and
use the land to build military forts with nuclear power-plants in them. Use
them to power surrounding cities, and maybe sell power cheap to the power
companies almost like the Fed does money to banks.

Stuart LaForge

The Fed may not legally own a business.  In the USA, all businesses are
owned but not by the government.