[ExI] Call for NFT makers

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 18:50:11 UTC 2021

I have recently been asked to commission some artists to create
Non-Fungible Tokens for auction.  I suspect there may be some members of
this list who might be able to make these, and interested in making a bit
of somewhat-quick cash.

The requestor is Foundation For The Future, to auction at their gala on
October 21: https://www.f4f.space/gala .  The requested theme is near-Earth
space industry: lunar mining, space-based solar power satellites, et cetera.

Key points for those considering participation:
* You'll be paid a percentage of what the NFT you make auctions for (exact
percentage to be disclosed to those who inquire and are seriously
considering doing this).  Most of the money from the auction goes to the
Foundation charity, as this is a fundraiser for them.  (If your NFT doesn't
sell, then you - and they - get nothing.)
* If your NFT sells, they pay me and then I pay you.  I'll set this up
through my business entity Winged Cat Solutions, which exists in part for
this kind of project.  I can't predict how quickly they will pay, but once
I get the funds I will send my checks out ASAP.
* These NFTs are to be generated specifically for this gala.  They're not
to be part of some other series.  (The exclusivity is part of the value of
these unique items.)
* These must be complete NFTs.  Just the art isn't enough.  If you can make
good art but can't make NFTs, you may partner with someone who can; make
whatever arrangements you want between you, but my primary point of contact
should be the person making the NFT.
* The Foundation must be in possession of the NFT, and know how to transfer
it, before the auction (possibly a few days before; I can ask if it looks
like it will matter).  This is easy for physical components (ship so that
they receive them before the auction); for electronic, I phrase it this way
because different NFT systems have different rules for what constitutes
"possession" and how to transfer it.
* If you have relevant cred that the audience might have heard of, I can
tell the auctioneers to mention your name when auctioning the NFT you make
so as to try to increase its value.  (I'm looking first and foremost at
Keith Henson with this point, but not only at Keith.  For instance, Natasha
- if participating - could no doubt craft an impressive list of
associations and relevant work for the auctioneers to read off.)

Anyone who's interested and may have time to create one or more NFTs in
time for the gala, please contact me offlist.