[ExI] Paul vs Eliezer

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 01:54:26 UTC 2022

Motivation is like a bunch of qualitative springs.  Nature wants us to
reproduce, so it wires us to be attracted to that, using spring like
desires.  What is more important is what is truly better.  Survival is
better than not surviving.  Eventually, we will be intelligent enough to
not want sex all the time and then be able to reprogram these springs for
what we want to want.  Then once we are able to cut the puppet springs, and
become free in this way, When it comes time to take the garbage out, we
will make it orgasmic, resulting in us finally getting it done, when it
needs to be done.  Bad is, by definition, that which isn’t good for us, so
once we (and AIs) can reprogram these springs to be what we want them to
be, most problems like “depression, mania, compulsions,” will long have
been overcome.  In case you can’t tell, I’m in Paul’s camp
<https://canonizer.com/topic/16-Friendly-AI-Importance/3-Such-Concern-Is-Mistaken>,
which continues to extend its consensus lead over Eliezer’s camp
<https://canonizer.com/topic/16-Friendly-AI-Importance/9-FriendlyAIisSensible>
.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 6:59 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <