[ExI] Paul vs Eliezer

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:38:16 UTC 2022

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 9:24 AM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> *…*> *On Behalf Of *Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> *Subject:* Re: [ExI] Paul vs Eliezer
>

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 7:18 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <
>
> Spike’s law:
>

> The first thing humans do with any powerful new technology is to make a
> weapon from it.
>
> >…Before they use it for porn or sex?
>

> Oh, Adrian’s right.
>

> Adrian’s law: The first thing humans do with any powerful new technology
> is to make a sexual device or partner from it.
>
> Spike’s law: The second thing humans do with any powerful new technology
> is to make a weapon from it.

So if no one's been intimate with it yet, don't worry about weaponization
in the near term.

Yes this even applies to nuclear power.  No one's having sex with nuclear
bombs (rhat we know of), but there do exist radioactive sex toys.  Without
getting too NSFW, consider that nuclear power primarily provides heat;
electricity can be derived from that, typically through steam power, but
heat itself can also be used.

> Adrian, thanks for having a sensa huma, me lad.  Our conflicted old planet
> can use more of that.

 Not so much humor, as just observing human nature.