[ExI] willpower defined

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 00:31:15 UTC 2022

Not every experiment has to be done like a clinical trial.

Take 100,000 people.  Also have each of them them to an objective observer
in their life.  Ask each of the 10000 their goals for the next year.  In a
year, check with the participants and their observers, to see whether they
completed their goals.  Split the 'did complete' and 'didn't complete'
groups into 2.  Match individuals in each group to an individual in the
other who is matched in terms of income, race, age, sex, as much as
possible.  Discard unmatched participants.  The difference is willpower

On Sat, Apr 9, 2022 at 1:20 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <