[ExI] The Planck era: Imagining our infant universe

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 20:28:44 UTC 2022

During the Planck era, the universe was so small that our laws of
physics break down.
To dive deeper back in time, we’ll need new scientific language.
By Sten Odenwald  |  Published: Thursday, April 21, 2022

<https://astronomy.com/magazine/news/2022/04/the-planck-era-imagining-our-infant-universe>

Quotes:
In less time than it takes to snap your fingers, the universe flashed
into existence.

Cosmogenesis is the breathtaking story of how this happened. It
includes, in its later moments, the creation of the primordial
elements and depicts their organization by dark matter and gravity
into vast cosmic structures on the largest scales. Meanwhile, on
smaller scales, local gravitational collapse created stars and, later,
planets.

Discusses string theory, loop quantum gravity and the Planck Era.
Interesting, but a bit above my pay grade.   :)

BillK