[ExI] archivist's reward

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 8 17:36:14 UTC 2022

I am a volunteer archivist in my tragically misspent old ag… misspent late youth.  The feller who wrote the passage below recorded it on tape in 1994 when he was aged 86 years.

I am transcribing and archiving it for his son, who is a longtime friend, now aged 86 years himself.

I wondered about this passage.  Any buggy horse not afeard of cars was worth a lotta money:

Perhaps humans bred a calmer strain of horses by selecting the ones not afeared of buggies.