[ExI] eating bugs

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Aug 20 17:10:32 UTC 2022

You may recall from a coupla years ago when the giant sea bugs were in the
science news.  We suspected those things were down there somewhere, because
pill bugs had to evolve somewhere, and it wasn't on land.  Pill bugs are
land-based crustaceans.

Now they have found them in the Gulf of Mexico:

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-new-deep-sea-giant-isopod-has-been-discovered
-in-the-gulf-of-mexico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1EXdpH3XY8

With Bill Gates urging the world to eat bugs, I had an idea.  If we could
grow enough of them, perhaps we could get the hogs to devour the revolting
bastards.  Hogs will eat anything that moves.  We could feed our sea bugs
with garbage perhaps, waste food of any kind, then the sea bugs with their
open-minded digestive systems could turn that garbage into bug meat, hogs
could turn that bug meat into hog meat,  grocery store turns that hog meat
into money, good to go, ja?  We'll make a cubic buttload.