[ExI] i got friends in low places

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Aug 25 21:41:37 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] i got friends in low places

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 1:03 PM BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Oh, Nooooo!  I’ve just realised that you have got me chatting about the weather.

>…But are you doing anything about it?

Adrian!

Wisecracks are always welcome of course, but you are one of our smartest AI hipsters.  Do think about my previous post and offer me an explanation for how an enormous Kalman filter-based weatherman (weather…thing?) is not AI.  Looks to me like it checks off all the boxes, which would require us to dig up and move the goalpost yet again.

We might as well just leave the AI goalpost on the back of the truck just to save time.