[ExI] NASA is going back to the Moon

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 07:25:06 UTC 2022

My weekly rant on Artemis and related spaceflight topics.

Turing Church newsletter. NASA is going back to the Moon. Also, review
of "Escaping Gravity" by Lori Garver, and other spaceflight
meditations.
https://www.turingchurch.com/p/nasa-is-going-back-to-the-moon

"Let NASA inaugurate the return to the Moon. Let NASA have fun with
its expensive rockets, and let’s praise NASA for what is still an
impressive achievement. I was persuaded that the Biden administration
would cancel the Artemis program long before Artemis 1, so the fact
that Artemis 1 is on the launch pad is very good news. VERY good news.
After a successful Artemis 1 mission, killing the program will be
difficult... Artemis 1 to 3 will prepare the way for sustainable and
permanent human presence on the Moon and Mars. This opens the road,
and Elon Musk will likely leap ahead at some point - once Starship is
operational, it will be difficult to justify spending much more for
what can be done much cheaper. Meanwhile, let the government waste
some more billions. It isn't like they aren't wasting much more money
on other things."

Best to all and let's watch the launch on Monday with childlike awe
and wonder! Then, to work!