[ExI] go canes! was: i got friends in low places

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 31 20:04:28 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
BillK via extropy-chat
Sent: Wednesday, 31 August, 2022 12:45 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: BillK <pharos at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] go canes! was: i got friends in low places

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 at 20:11, spike jones via extropy-chat <
<mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
wrote:

> Next satellite update will be in about 2 hrs.  Stand by for NEWS!

> spike

I would think you would be more excited about next weekend, with California
100F temperatures from Saturday through Tuesday!

Get the Pina coladas ready!

BillK

Eh, I see no possibility of cyclones in the Pacific coming to our aid on
that BillK.  There's nothing to get excited about, that I can see.

There are a coupla disturbances off the coast of Mexico, but the wind
patterns don't bring those to us up here right along the top edge of the map
shown below:

The storms that form down there go out to sea and spin up into typhoons out
there, where you never really hear much about them.  They don't wreck
anything and don't bring rain to the continent.  So. no one cares, or even
knows about them really.  The Pacific ocean is really big, plenty of room
for typhoons to rain and blow their eyes out over water, but it never really
made a bit of sense to me: why the hell bother to rain over the ocean?  What
good is that?  Who designed that absurd system?