[ExI] lng to europe, was: RE: go canes! was: i got friends in low places

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 22:27:53 UTC 2022

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 at 22:53, spike jones via extropy-chat

> BillK, or anyone else who is knowey on this topic: we have been hearing that
> Germany is concerned about fuel shortages this winter with uncertainty
> regarding supply of commie natural gas.  Well, we have lotsa natural gas
> over here and we could liquify the stuff and ship it over.  If what I am
> reading isn't a gross exaggeration, liquified natural gas will be worth a
> cubic buttload.  If so, and the Germans pay a lotta marks this winter, it
> will help convince them to take up with the nukes again, along with the
> other nations over there, and the result will be a cleaner more secure
> planet, ja?
>
> spike

Yes, even the idiot politicians currently in charge of UK and Europe
are gradually realising that you can't run an economy on windmills and
solar panels. Unfortunately, they have already agreed to phase out oil
and natural gas.
The anti-Russian sanctions just make a bad situation even worse.
So there are now the beginnings of a move back to nuclear power
{which the idiots had also started to phase out).
But next winter is looking like freezing and going hungry for the UK and Europe.

BillK