[ExI] All speech is sacred or why Warcraftification of real life is a solution to various ills

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Dec 10 19:08:08 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] All speech is sacred or why Warcraftification of real life is a solution to various ills

>…It seems to me that it all comes down to who should and who should not censor.  Private companies can do it without any constitutional violations.  Are we OK with that?  If you are not, you are not a libertarian… bill w

Agreed.  But what if… government bribes or threatens private companies into promoting only its own party?  Is that still OK?  If the government itself colludes with media to silence the opposition party, does that not lead to totalitarianism?  Looks to me like it does.  In that case, the government violated the first amendment by proxy.