[ExI] All speech is sacred or why Warcraftification of real life is a solution to various ills

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Dec 10 22:11:01 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] All speech is sacred or why Warcraftification of real life is a solution to various ills

On Sat, Dec 10, 2022 at 3:11 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>>…A free press is the watchdog over government, not the lapdog under government.  spike

>…totally agree spike    bill w

Thx Billw.

We are getting closer and closer to the real point of all this: govt protection for platforms but not publishers.  The rules are different for those two.

The current owner of Twitter appears to be scrambling to prevent having his company’s butt sued off (or worse) by confessing every bad deed and begging forgiveness.  Hey that’s what I would be doing too if I had bought that albatross.  We would be scrambling to show that it really is only a platform, open to all, and acts in good faith, so section 230c2 protections apply.

The government has infinite resources to go after whoever they want for whatever reason.  Even the richest guy on the planet can’t fight back against a printing press which can (and does) manufacture as much money as it wants.