[ExI] AI harming humanity

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Dec 11 17:02:13 UTC 2022

...> On Behalf Of Gadersd via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] AI harming humanity

>...I foresee decadence and depravity, but who knows?   Gadersd

Who knows? Gadersd asked.  Well me life form, I knows.  I knows that the
terms depraved and deprived sound alike, but they are describing two very
different (and in some ways opposite) things.  If we collectively screw up
the AI transition, and masses don't have some value they create somehow,
those masses will be deprived while the working few are depraved.  The
deprived will not like that.