[ExI] what would any of us have done differently?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Dec 14 21:18:31 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] what would any of us have done differently?

>…Cuckoo's Nest - Jack's character was not mentally ill at all. He was a psychopath, very clearly.  bill w

OK well that qualifies by my definition.

It almost seems like Jack was misinformed into playing crazy to try to get out of prison, not realizing the alternative.

In any case, I will report my own experience: I used to be a megalomaniac.  Couldn’t afford a psychologist, so I checked out a book from the library, How To Not Be Crazy, read it, did what it suggested.  It worked!  I improved by six orders of magnitude.  A factor of a million I improved!  I discovered I was no longer a megalomaniac.  Now I am just a regular maniac.  So… if you will excuse me I need to return this book and get a different one.