[ExI] Maintenance work for Extropy server

John Klos john at ziaspace.com
Wed Dec 28 17:45:10 UTC 2022

Hi, all,

There have been some updates done to the server that hosts the Extropy
mailing lists. If this ends up causing any issues, feel free to email me
directly at john @ klos .com.

There will soon be more updates and, at a certain date, a cutover to a
completely different system. The mailing list software is known as
GNU Mailman, version 2, which uses Python 2.7. Since Python 2.7 is no
longer supported, we need to move to Mailman version 3, which is different
enough that it's definitely not a trivial update.

More announcements will be made when we're closer to moving to Mailman 3,
and I'll also ask for some people to help test it.

In the meanwhile, let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks,
John Klos
Your humble systems administrator :)