[ExI] Human-level AGI will never happen

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 08:36:28 UTC 2022

Unstated assumption #1: human capabilities are a finite checklist that can
be performed by AIs, one by one, using architectures that are able to
inherit the capabilities of previous AIs.

Unstated assumption #2: previous AIs will not merge into humans in a way
that dramatically boosts "human-level" intellectual performance and thus
the requirements for an AI to be generally considered an AGI.  Granted,
this is a form of moving the goalposts, but if the goal is to reach
whatever is thought of as "human-level" at the time, that goal has moved
over time before.

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 5:51 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <