[ExI] Interstellar Travel is really hard

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Jan 8 23:17:42 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Interstellar Travel is really hard

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022, 12:24 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>>…IN 1974, we sent them this:

>…I assume thats a start position for GoL and the message is self evident after a few thousand iterations of the rules. :)

Oh well, Mike that is clearly a humanistic interpretation.  We must avoid the pitfalls of assuming aliens would recognize such a thing, considering they may prefer chess to Go.

I am staying with the Brick Out/Flute/Space Invaders/Shillelagh school of thought on that.