[ExI] music survey

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 23:22:04 UTC 2022

I knew that there were a lot of genres.  To my extremely limited musical
taste, there's classical and there's 'other', which I called pop.

Katy Perry - one of the funniest things I ever saw:  one costume featured
large lollipops affixed to her breasts.
I wonder if part of her act is a sendup.  A satire.

Jazz - I heard Dave Brubeck Quartet in concert in Hyannis Port in 1962.  It
turned out that Brubeck's is the only jazz I like (he was
classically trained by Milhaud and wrote classical music).  I  do like some
pre-1950 jazz.

I did say no review, but I was lying.  In Dan's post he mentioned
Sandstorm, so I heard it on Youtube.  Extremely annoying.  Also Astronomia
- not as annoying but plenty annoying.  Is there a genre where nearly total
repetitiveness is not present?  The songs varied only in the voice part -
the background was totally repetitive.  I wonder at the musicians who play
it.  I would be absolutely bored out of my mind, if anything was left of it
after doing it for a few years.  More later.   bill w

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 12:40 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <