[ExI] Gravity Waves vs. Gravitational Waves

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jan 20 15:25:34 UTC 2022

..> On Behalf Of Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Gravity Waves vs. Gravitational Waves

On 20/01/2022 06:18, Spike wrote:

It was an odd choice of words by Nature.  The term gravity waves have a
specific and currently very important meaning.  I don't see how the
atmospheric effects would be applicable to this term.  Nature can do better
than this.

spike

I think you mean Gravitational Waves, spike.

Ben

Ja.  The terms gravitational waves and gravity waves are in use with respect
to the LIGO results.  I don't do much with atmospheric science, so I wasn't
aware they use the term to describe waves of air in the atmosphere, where
the individual particles move mostly vertically.  It's downright confusin I
tells ya!