[ExI] Some recent thoughts on minarchism

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:01:08 UTC 2022

I have no background in political theory, but I do know people somewhat.
It starts with taxes:  give an organization the ability to tax and then why
not raise taxes?  The people want services, are demanding services, and so
the pols have the perfect excuse to raise taxes.  Or better yet, borrow
money, which doesn't require public approval (often at the local level I
suppose people vote on bond issues). Bread and circuses - we all know
this.  So the idea of a minimalist government seems like a pipe dream.
What we have now suggests a positive feedback cycle, eh?  bill w

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 10:54 PM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <