[ExI] People often think their chatbot is alive

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 20:12:18 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022, 3:36 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <

> LOn Tue, Jul 5, 2022, 12:07 PM Jason Resch <jasonresch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How do we know it can't so those things?
>>

> I have observed no evidence of them in the conversations I have seen.

But absence of evidence...

  It is possible but very unlikely that such features would not be
> displayed in the conversations made public to hype its capabilities.

How might you expect the content of the conversation to differ if Lambda
was sentient vs. was not?

Is there any question we could we ask it and rwply Lambda could give that
would make you wonder whether Lambda is indeed sentient?

Jason