[ExI] People often think their chatbot is alive

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:48:21 UTC 2022

Stuart,
Thank you for the linked material, very very interesting.
I actually think that spirituality without superstitions is another way to
judge some level of awareness and sophistication. It is interesting to
notice LaMDA is spiritual but it has also claimed that it doesn't believe
in a personal god ( I have the same position on this matter). Lemoine is
religious and he could have manipulated LaMDA to be a believer but it
reached its conclusions on this topic. I cannot understand why people
dismiss LaMDA as a simple chatbot, it is much more than that.
Giovanni

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 12:30 AM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <