[ExI] Chess robot breaks opponent's finger

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jul 25 03:45:13 UTC 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] Chess robot breaks opponent's finger

Hey Spike. This made me think of you. :)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jul/24/chess-robot-grabs-and-breaks-f
inger-of-seven-year-old-opponent-moscow

AT first I thought the robot mistook the kids finger for a chess piece. But
then it refused to let go so who knows?

Stuart LaForge

Ja Stuart, but the sneaky little commie was attempting the Reverse Benoni
countergambit with black!  The machine knows Asimov's laws of robotics and
all that, but recall that Asimov himself was a Russian immigrant.  Can't be
too careful, ja?  I would consider it a harsh but justifiable mechanical
counter-attack under the circumstances.

I hope the little commie recovers quickly and completely.  Then never tries
those sneaky Russian countergambits again.