[ExI] AGI is going to kill everyone

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 23:03:05 UTC 2022

On Mon, 6 Jun 2022 at 23:10, Darin Sunley via extropy-chat

> I don't think we saw deep learning coming, honestly.
> AlphaGo and GPT-3 shocked a lot of people.

Looking through some of the comments on the original article, one of
the major problems that Eli is worried about appears when people make
helpful suggestions about careful cautious development. Just do small
changes, with many tests to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Eli's response is to say that powerful groups like Facebook AI or the
Chinese don't care about safety. They just want to win the race to get
super-powerful AGI for themselves. Their assumption is that the first
AGI will rule the world and they will own it. Eli fears that instead
their recklessness will destroy the human race.

BillK