[ExI] article about Rafal and his daughter

Gadersd gadersd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:40:20 UTC 2022

I am definitely in favor of selecting the healthiest embryos as that would prevent many diseases and improve the quality of life of future generations. However, one disturbing aspect is that if this technology had been around before I was born and my parents used it I would not have been born. My genetics are very poor and I am plagued with hereditary diseases which discourage me from having children. I might actually consider having children as the technology matures, but there will always be the nagging guilt that this technology will preclude the existence of many potential beings with mediocre genetics, such as myself. I am not healthy but I still would rather exist than not.