[ExI] article about Rafal and his daughter

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 06:22:37 UTC 2022

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 2:15 AM Will Steinberg via extropy-chat <

> But Rafal did give a very clear real life example.   There is no fantasy
> there.
>
> I still think it's bad to make embryos and then kill them though, just my
> personal feeling at this moment in my life.

### Thanks for the support!

But then - why is it bad to discard unneeded embryos?

It's useful to think your way through the situation, even if you have only
a personal feeling rather than a fleshed out ethical theory. The problem
with feelings is that they have consequences, and if you feel it's just
wrong to discard embryos then you would have to support a ban on in vitro
fertilization in general, thus depriving literally millions of people of
the chance to have children.

Rafal