[ExI] genetics

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Mar 1 15:46:34 UTC 2022

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
…

>…But mainly I want to know:  is there this amount of diversity among any animal groups?  I, and probably most people, think of animals like bears or chimps as being much the same, but it would seem that they aren't, but I have no data.   bill

Animals typical in the wild are ones we do not have sufficient data to say, but with domestic dogs, their intelligence varies more than humans, or so it would seem.  However, in dogs as in humans, it depends on the nature of the test.  I have seen what looks like retarded dogs.  Some are bred to be dumb: cocker spaniels for instance.  It worked.  Some breeds seem to be born knowing exactly what they are supposed to do, and that works too.