[ExI] 27 psychedelics??

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Mar 26 17:15:33 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] 27 psychedelics??

>…Gene Krupa was addicted to heroin and insisted that he played better under it…

This is a very common attitude in jazz and rock.  I have firsthand observations (not experience (would experiencing a drug be zeroethhand observations?))  It can cause the musicians to relax and feel the music perhaps, but their technique doesn’t appear to get better.  Jazz has creative improvisation, but I don’t see that improves either.  I agree that drugs would cause musicians to perceive they are doing better, and enjoy their music more.

Regarding my link to Hot Fingers from Reefer Madness, I realized after the fact that the video showed Hot before the reefer, but doesn’t show how he did after.  I can’t find a link to Fingers after he stole away to the pantry for a reefer.

>…There are 1500 male grandmasters and 40 female ones.  Can we say that men are better at spatial things?

Sure can’t Billw.  From what we are now told, we cannot know if we are male or female, so we cannot know if some of the grandmasters are really grandmistresses or if there is any scientifically reproducible way to distinguish.  The XX and XY determining gender business is so old-think, appropriate only to lads our age (or lasses (for we can never be sure (we are told.)))

Just to clarify my own attitude, while freely acknowledging there are transgenders and approving of their freedom to choose their own identity, taking it to the extreme of pretending there are no real differences between men and women, or that we cannot distinguish between the two, is the pinnacle of absurdity.  Through it all, we continue to de-emphasize the one sport in which “men” and “women” really do compete on completely equal footing, the fine sport of shooting, all the shooting sports.  Why please?