[ExI] Michio Kaku makes 3 predictions about the future

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 18:30:32 UTC 2022

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 11:00 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Prediction: humanity will build tech-advanced cities in Africa, up in the
> Sahara where it won’t bother the people who already there, before we build
> anything on Mars.

Cities in Africa could be easily raided by military or - deadpan gasp - law
enforcement.  This is much harder to do on Mars, which seems to be the true
impetus for colonizing Mars.

But the benefit of being hard to raid can be had in orbit or on the Moon,
too, with much less drawbacks from distance, thus why I see those as likely
sooner than Mars.