[ExI] gas prices

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 02:38:44 UTC 2022

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 9:34 AM Hermes Trismegistus <gadersd at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am actually in need of a car and will be buying one very soon. I’m
> looking for an affordable car with very good miles per gallon. I’ve been
> thinking of getting a Prius. Should I consider buying a Volt instead?

### I don't know. I have no direct experience. You might want to compare
reliability and repair costs. According to:

https://shift.com/articles/chevy-volt-reliability-is-buying-a-used-chevy-volt-worth-it

- it is very reliable. Reliability issues aside, in normal use it will be
definitely more economical than a Prius, since the hybrid part in the Prius
is more of a gimmick. Doug DeMuro has a very positive review of the Volt:

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/used-chevy-volt-quickly-becoming-great-bargain-281474979940734

Personally, you wouldn't find me dead in a Prius. It gives off the wrong
vibe. My daily driver is a blacked-out Vette, no eco-boxes for me.

Rafal