[ExI] 27 psychedelics??

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 28 14:01:21 UTC 2022

…> On Behalf Of Nuala Thomson via extropy-chat
…

>…Still, LSD for everyone who wants to open their mind and change the way they think…

Hi Nuala, thanks for that clarification.  My mind is already open and I like the way I think now, before I try anything.  I have fun in here already, with no chemical additives.  My mind is so open, I completely accept and embrace your notion, for it is in perfect agreement with my thinking: if you like the way you think, then leave the chemicals alone.  If not, then you know where to start, good luck and evolution speed.

>…I believe it helps with self awareness…

I already know of me.  I began suspecting the existence of myself a long time ago.  Looked in a mirror one day and realized who that was, recognized me before I could even speak, but would have said HEY!  There is a me!  I am myself!  I became self-aware that day.

>…and awakening…

I use caffeine for that.  Great stuff it is, hot, black, copious quantities of that wonderful stuff I devour.  Its delectable essence tempts the palates of connoisseurs from both hemispheres; for those of more delicate sensibilities, it adds a still more aesthetic charm.

>…Some people do not feel like they would be able to handle it, that's fine…

Many of the people who feel that way are right.  I can take you to San Francisco and show you plenty of examples of people who couldn’t handle it.  They are easy to find.  They are nearly impossible to not find.

In their cases it isn’t fine, because it is difficult or impossible to get back to where they were before they started with the junk they couldn’t handle.  My attitude and advice for the young is the same as always: if you really think you need medications, go see your doctor.  If you want to play amateur pharmacist, get on a train, go into San Francisco or really any one of the big cities, find the ones you already know I am talking about and recognize the risk that your ass might be joining them in as little as a few years, vagabonds, homeless, burnt out, hollow shells of the humans they once were, useless, waiting to die, which in many cases they won’t need to wait long.

We know it doesn’t happen to all.  But it damn well does happen to some.

So… my suggestion is the same: if your brain is working right, then work with it as is.  Have fun in there.  Get your kicks on Route 66 (note my domain name) go hiking in the outdoors, leave the mushrooms alone and the rest of it too, get your Rocky Mounty high by camping or just being in the actual literal Rocky Mountains.  It is really cool and fun to be completely sober without even the old standard, alcohol.  Best of all, it’s free.  It doesn’t cost anything to not take recreational pharmaceuticals.

Thanks for your input Nuala, I do appreciate your POV and we are glad you are here.